STREET-APP 4 INCLUSION is a 24-month strategic innovation project aimed at young educators and social workers for the construction of inclusive processes and activities involving marginalized people.
The partnership operates in a European context in which the countries involved have had to face serious phenomena of internal social exclusion (Romania, northern Macedonia) and social unrest linked to the recent perception of migratory flows in the Mediterranean countries (Italy, Spain).
According to the latest official data (ESDE survey of December 2018), the overall European context is gradually recovering in terms of youth employment and youth participation in social and community life, but there are still too many corners of social exclusion in all 4 countries involved.
Our project wants to enter into the basic dimension in which the 6 partners operate on a daily basis, highlighting the social inequalities that continue to affect vulnerable target groups such as street children, young people addicted to drugs, new migrants, young people with disabilities, children of Roma origin, orphans and children suffering violence, isolated young people living in rural areas and urban suburbs.
The transnational partnership moves from a common background and has agreed as a MAIN OBJECTIVE to strengthen and strengthen the methodology of each partner through an improvement of the digital skills of their youth leaders, to effectively address the work towards vulnerable target groups, through activities awareness-raising based on creative approaches such as: social circus, social theater and music, NFE.
– Improve and innovate the tools and quality of social work of young operators and educators
– Strengthen youth associations with a capacity-building action related to the ERASMUS + program thanks to transnational cooperation and joint staff training, sharing good practices among young operators in the EU community.
– Strengthen the community and mutual support of peer youth workers in the EU, thanks to innovative tools in the digital age.
Melazeta srl will create the STREET APP, an interactive and supportive ICT mobile tool for youth workers working in field interventions.
The STREET APP will be based on IO1 research phase and the contents provided by the project partners to provide the youth workers with tools for supporting youth / social workers and organizations dealing with outreach activities addressed to youngsters with fewer opportunities in marginalized urban and rural areas.
The STREET APP will help establishing a community of youth and social workers for sharing real time tutorship and real cases experienced by practitioners from EU organizations which are directly involved in non-formal education and inclusion activities through creative outreach activities and street-units interventions
The App UX and UI will enhance four competences areas of youth/ social workers and organizations activities:
– Listening / monitoring phase: check list, educational contents and inspection preparation form; report of highly difficult / at risk areas; creation of a georeferenced POI (point of interest);
– Planning phase: access to documents and reports related for the reported POI; gamification function: flashcards to help plan the delineation phase; exploration of intervention formats used in similar POIs; search / creation and assignment of activities for youngster within the POI; access to the community: reception of suggestions and resources evaluation related to the activities to be deployed; route planning;
– Activation phase: POI check-in and on-site checklist; real time upload of media, annotations and comments; route registration and “no-panic” button to request for help, suggestions and / or real time tutoring from the community;
– Follow up phase: check out with and automatic creation of the activity report to be shared as case study with the community; self evaluation; monitoring checklist for subsequent inspections;
The contents provided by the project partners (eg. documents, check list, etc.) can be gamified and become quiz and / or flashcards to stimulate and engage the youth workers in learning new skills during the different phases. Gamification consists is the use of game design and mechanics in a non-game context, as to offer innovative pedagogies which add engaging elements to educational material and motivate youth workers to keep catching up with the community in a fun way.